The Unlock iPhone 4 4.2 software is an application that has gained a lot of popularity since it was released about 3 years ago. It is so popular that several companies have developed their own version of the software.
Many often wonder why anyone would want to do this when the application already works fine. This article will discuss the process of unlocking your iPhone and how you can unlock your own phone.
Apple develops some great applications and many of them are sold on the Apple online store. What many people don’t realize is that not applications there were actually created by Apple. iPhone applications have been the hot thing over the last few years and it just keeps growing.
Though they allow people to create apps and sell them on the online store, not all get accepted. What’s more, they have also locked their OS to make sure that these applications can never be played on their device. This is where jailbreaking comes in.
What is jailbreaking?
This is a technique that is used to change the permissions on your iPhone OS such that it will have the proper permissions to have read/write access. What this basically translates to is that you will have more control and will unlock features that were not available before. These permissions are usually needed when installing any new game or application on the iPhone. After an iPhone has been unlocked, then you can install any software and games that were previously not allowed on the Apple online store and you can choose your GSM carrier.
The process for unlocking your iPhone
There are two ways to unlock the phone: using only your iPhone or a combination of a PC and iPhone. The main advantage of using a PC and iPhone is that you can run this update on your phone and not have to worry about restoring your iTunes files or even losing data. The step outlined below will detail the steps using a PC and iPhone.
1. You will need a PC that has sufficient resources and a fast internet connection.
2. You will also need access to one iPhone with the latest 3.0 firmware.
3. Update the latest version of firmware 3.0 and ITunes.
4. Download a Jailbreaking Tool that will allow you to unlock the iPhone.
5. Run the application by double-clicking the file.
6. After running the application, try to locate the firmware that was downloaded by clicking Browse.
7. Click Next, after you have located the firmware.
8. You will then need to follow the next set of instructions on the screen.
9. You then have to ensure that the iPhone is connected to your computer. The iPhone must be shut off. Next must then be clicked.
10. It is then necessary to ensure DFU mode is enabled on your iPhone by following the next sub-steps:
- For 2 seconds, press and hold the power button.
- For 10 seconds, press the home button but do not release the power button.
- For 30 seconds, keep pressing the home button but release the power button.
11. The first reboot should happen if everything was done properly. This will kick off the jailbreak process.
12. You should receive a success message. Clicking the Finish button should then restart your computer a second time.
13. You should now have unlocked your iPhone.
An Unlock iPhone 4 4.2 Utility That Will Allow You To Access Any Application
Unlocking your phone may sound scary, but there is nothing to it if you follow all the instructions. There is a tool that will allow you to speed up the process and using a combination of the steps above. After it has been unlocked you will be able to play any games, use any apps and select your desired GSM carrier.
Why don’t you find out for yourself and see how this tool can help enable this useful feature? Visit: Unlock iPhone 4 4.2 Software.
Unlocking your iPhone has never been easier. This process simply changes the permissions on your iPhone so that you have complete control to decide what applications get installed on your phone. Just remember to get the Jailbreak utility and to follow the instructions above.
How important are those applications to you? Visit: How To Unlock iPhone 4 4.2